Feedback: Lucky Followers of the recent @SafariNowSA GiveAways - #TravelLocalSA
I would like to thank everyone for participating in the giveaways (for thousands of rands) from outlets of SafariNow over the past few weeks. Simply amazing interest! First announced here.
And for 'trying your luck'...
Noah Webster's dictionary describes "Luck" as "a purposeless, unpredictable and uncontrollable force that shapes events favorably or unfavorably for an individual, group or cause". Yup. That's about right. Some people are going on a weekend away and others stay at home. Luck.
If interested in the process I followed: All lucky followers have been drawn, using the trusted Random.org technology - after verifying entrants (excluding porn accounts). All entrants are able to test their entry into a draw via a unique page on the website, and see the winners again. Three were drawn and then checked that they also met the criteria of following the sponsors. That's It! Random.
(Have to say, there MUST be an easier process to run these. Any ideas? Referrals? Ps: would not recommend Rafflecopter. Terrible service. It may have the visual bells and whistles, but random.org delivers the goods).
Here is a screenshot of the first draw:
More than one was drawn to check if each follow the sponsor - in order.
Important Note: As Hayden Quinn travels further from Cape Town, in the Hayden Quinn Show on SABC3, my involvement with this amazing initiative to promote local travel is now concluded and further competitions or giveaways will be run directly via the @SafariNowSA account or their selected partners. Be sure to follow them.
The following lucky followers got a giveaway:
- GiveAway1 > Three Boutique Hotel, Cape Town @PippaHolland
- GiveAway2 > MannaBay Hotel, Cape Town @kathcups
- GiveAway3 > Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel and Spa, Stellenbosch @leenderm
- GiveAway4 > Lanzerac Hotel, Stellenbosch @hollyanne_b
- GiveAway5 > BayWatch Villas Guest House, Paternoster @thelawry
- GiveAway6 > OepveKoep Restaurant, Paternoster @YolikaMuscat
- GiveAway7 > Hawksmoor House, Franschhoek @Tammyandluis
- GiveAway8 > Franschhoek Country House and Villas, Franschhoek @TishCharles
- GiveAway9 > Misty Waves Hotel, Hermanus @bb22binla
- GiveAway10 > Farm_215, Overberg @BronwynPegram
- GiveAway11 > Hermanus Guest House, Hermanus @BoardroomHippie
Congrats to ALL. Will contact you via email ASAP in the next week before 25th of August 2014. Please also follow @iAmnotMany.
Also, thank you to the sponsors and to @SafariNowSA.
Now, The Question to loyal followers: Did you find the giveaways unbearable in @CapeTown's TL, or did you enjoy it? Do you think it was done tastefully and fairly? More of it? Less? Or should it be done differently... Your opinion matters. And yes, I am aware that the 'serial competitors' may be more vocal, but I listen to a whispering DM as well.
Your feedback welcome. Here via Comments, or tweet me @iAmnotMany please.